a) Social Event Hire operates under three company divisions;
For events in Victoria the “Owner” is Social Event Hire VIC. Pty Ltd, ABN 97 651 636 798
For events in Queensland “Owner” is Social Event Hire QLD. Pty Ltd, ABN 83 651 367 044
For events in New South Wales the “Owner” is Social Event Hire NSW. Pty Ltd 57 651 636 565
b) The “Hirer” refers to the person, firm or corporation hiring equipment from the Owner.
c) The “Equipment” means all the equipment and accessories supplied to the Hirer.
2. Amount quoted is for one use of the Equipment only – for the noted hiring term. The Hirer agrees that all charges for loss, hire extension, damage and repair will be paid and all collection fees, legal fees or any expenses involved in the collection of these charges will be borne by the Hirer.
3. Prices quoted are for delivery on street level. Extra charges may be payable for delivery to and removal from higher or lower levels.
4. Prices quoted do not include Additional Services including but not limited to site inspections, furniture removal or relocation, storage or onsite styling. Additional Services are available upon request and incur additional charges.
5. Premium and Custom-Built Equipment will be quoted separately from general equipment. Please refer to payment terms (paragraph 7 of these Terms on Conditions) for booking requirements.
6. Damage Waiver is payable by the Hirer to cover all costs associated with normal wear and tear to the Equipment and any accidental damage to a particular item of Equipment, provided that the replacement cost and/or cost of repairs to any Equipment which was damaged does not exceed 10% of the hiring fee for the particular item. This waiver does not apply to any other damage to Equipment including;
a) Damage resulting from overloading, exceeding rated capacity, misuse or improper servicing of Equipment;
b) Damage due to mysterious disappearance of the Equipment;
c) Damage due to wind, rain, water, mud or adverse weather conditions;
d) Damage caused by the use or operation of equipment in breach of any of the conditions of the Agreement;
e) Damage to, or loss of, the Equipment from any unknown cause.
7. All prices listed are in Australian Dollars (AUD) and exclusive of Goods & Service Tax (GST).
a) Transactions processed on a VISA or MASTERCARD credit card will incur a 1% surcharge.
b) Transactions processed on an AMERICAN EXPRESS credit card will incur a 2% surcharge.
8. A 40% deposit is required at point of booking; full payment must be made min. of 72hrs prior to delivery. Deposits are required for all orders, with the exception of;
a) Orders placed less than 7 days from delivery require full payment to confirm the booking.
b) All Custom Built or Special Purchase Equipment requires full payment at point of booking in order to commence manufacture or buying process. These items may not be removed from the order once payment is received.
9. The Hirer authorizes the Owner to complete documentation for the purpose of the Hirer making payment through a credit card system extended to the Hirer and accepted by the Owner. The Hirer shall be responsible for the payment of any tax or duty levied on the hire and/or delivery of goods including Government Stamp Duty and GST.
10. Cancellation of orders will forfeit all booking deposits made. Refunds will incur a $55 administration fee.
a) Cancellations that are made more than 7 days from delivery will receive a refund of any funds remitted, excluding the booking deposit.
b) Cancellations made less than 7 days from delivery will receive a refund for the delivery and collection fees only, the cost for hire equipment is considered as cost of lost opportunity and is not refundable.
c) No refund applies for customer pickups cancelled less than 7 days from collection.
d) No refund applies for equipment cancelled on delivery.
e) No refund applies to cancellations of Premium, Custom Built or Special Purchase Equipment.
11. In the event of a government mandated lockdown or imposed restrictions around Covid
a) If the decision is made to postpone your event more than 24 hours before the date of your delivery, we will work with you to move your event to another date at no additional cost.
b) If the decision is made to postpone your event less than 24 hours before the date of your delivery, we will work with you to move your event to another date at the expense of additional delivery fees to allow for expenses already exhausted on planning, administration, and labour.
c) In the event of cancellation please refer to our cancellation policy in section 10.
12. The Hirer is responsible for the Equipment from the time of delivery until collection by the Owner and shall pay for all Equipment damaged or lost however caused during that period. The Owner shall protect the Equipment from the elements during the time of delivery, use, storage or waiting period before pick-up. The Hirer shall maintain at its expense liability, property and casualty insurance coverage in amount necessary to fully protect the Owner and its Equipment against all claims, loss or damage of whatever nature or type. The Owner shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused to any person, property, animal or things whatsoever arising from the use of the Equipment hereby hired and the Hirer indemnifies the Owner in respect to any claims for such loss or damage.
13. The Owner’s count and/or decision as to condition of the Equipment prior to dispatch and on return shall be final.
14. The Hirer shall not remove the Hire Equipment or any part thereof from the situation and position of its installation without consent from the Owner. The Hirer grants the Owner access at all times to inspect or repair the Equipment and in the case of default to remove the Equipment. The Hirer shall on no account attempt to repair the Equipment but notify the Owner immediately in case of breakdown or failure.
15. The Hirer acknowledges that they have received adequate instruction on the correct use of the Equipment, which includes demonstration or verbal or written instructions.
16. The Hirer agrees not to use the Equipment at locations or purposes different to the Equipment’s general designated purpose and specified suitability, such as indoor vs. outdoor use. The Hirer acknowledges responsibility for the Equipment and is liable for any damage.
17. In the case of Equipment being damaged, the Hirer may have the opportunity to purchase the damaged equipment. The Owner will store such equipment for a period of 14 days after the event. No claims for the Equipment can be made by the Hirer after this period.
18. The person signing the documents for and on behalf of the Hirer hereby covenants with the Owner that he or she has the authority of the Hirer to make this agreement on the Hirer’s behalf and is empowered by the Hirer to bind the Hirer to this agreements and hereby indemnifies the Owner against all losses and cost incurred by the Owner arising out of the person signing this agreement failing to have such power and/or authority.
20. Where the Hirer is more than one-person liability shall be joint and several.
21. By making a booking through confirming a quote via signature, deposit payment or remittance of funds, the Hirer acknowledges and agrees to the Owner’s Terms & Conditions.
22. The owner reserves the right to take photos at event locations utilising the Owner’s equipment. Photos are taken with a focus on the Equipment and are selected with due care to exclude recognisable private property and persons. Photos may be used in publications or any other media material produced, used, or contracted by the Owner.
23. All credit card details, and personal information submitted through the website are transmitted using a 256 Bit Secure Sever Software (SSL), the latest industry standard encryption, to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of the Hirer’s credit card information under the Owner’s control.
24. The Owner advises that all secure website pages are clearly identified by the domain name https//social.au and the locked padlock.